june favourites 2015.

2.7.15

Not gonna lie, for the first time, I had quite a hard time selecting the products to be featured in this round of monthly favourites. Mostly because there has been a lot of old favourites *cough* NARS Tinted Moisturiser *cough* in rotation that I am sure you guys are sick of me mentioning it - I am sick of me mentioning them all the time. That said, I still came up with a handful of products that I've really been enjoying so I guess I did not have as hard a time as I thought I did. 


I switched up my brow routine the past couple months and have since really started enjoying using the Benefit Gimmie Brow (£18.50). I was never big on brow gels, but I'm finding myself needing to keep the unruly weeds in place as eyebrow maintenance has been squashed down the priority list in the past several weeks. Not only does this product keep my eyebrows in place, but I find that it makes my eyebrows look more bushy and natural. I especially like using this at the front of my brows to add some definition but not going too overboard. 

I have been really enjoying my Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette (£32) after my exams. I think Too Faced is definitely an underrated brand when it comes to eyeshadows. A good mix of mattes and shimmers, the difference in quantities is a smart and pragmatic solution that won me at the very beginning. I did a whole review on this palette here but Pushup, Silk Teddy, and Cashmere Bunny have been the most used shades in the past several weeks. 

With most my days still spent in the library, I tend to keep my lipstick colour quite toned down unless I've feeling particularly sassy that day. An old love that I'm not divorcing any time soon, MAC See Sheer (£15.50) is a beautiful sheer mid-toned coral-red. While it doesn't hold up through a second cup of coffee*, I don't mind the hassle of reapplying as it doesn't exactly need a mirror. 

It has been a long time since I have been eager about a new makeup release, but I had the launch date of the Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick (£7.99) written down in my agenda. It might have been something to do with Emma Stone being the face of the brand, but I genuinely do not remember why I was so attentive to this line. I bought Rose the day it launched in the UK and have not been able to put it down since. The gel formula of this line means that you do not have the weight of traditional lipstick but still have the colour that packs a punch. I often forget that I'm wearing lipstick and only when I see the stains on my coffee do I remember. It should be noted that there is a strong sweet scent to these lipsticks and somehow translates to these lipsticks being quite yummy. Not the healthiest habit, but I may or may not have licked the lipstick off my lips before just because. 

Last but not least, I don't share hair products on the blog that often. Mostly because I tend to stick to the same products and don't really do much to my hair. But I just had to share my love for the John Frieda Beach Blond Cool Dip Purifying Shampoo and Conditioner (£5.99 each). So much so, I almost immediately went out to buy the full size of these and they are now sitting in my shower as these tiny ones are tucked away for my next trip abroad. I have no idea why the duo is targeted towards blonds as I'm quite enjoying them while being about as far from blond as you can be. While being a purifying shampoo, it's gentle enough for me to swap out my regular shampoo and use 2-3 times a week. The cool mint infusion is perfect for that morning kick when I'm still groggy and it lathers up really well without much effort. Plus the aesthetics of the bottle design is just dreamy - even if it does remind me of the shampoo I used to use during my competitive swimming days. 

June was an exhausting month that was fuelled mainly of coffee and sugar. I have mixed feelings about the month being over but alas, the clocks have been ticking and it's a new month ahead of us. What have you been loving in June? 

With Love, 
Daphne x

*it's official, all my lipstick longevity is going to be counted by how many cups of coffee it survive 

8 comments