cocktail reviews: the warm pinks #2

10.7.15

Describing colours was never my strong suit. While I can tell colours apart, it be damned that I am able to pinpoint just in what regards are the shades slightly different from each other. That shortfall of mine will be painfully evident in the lipsticks featured in the cocktail reviews this time around. I've chosen a selection of bold warm pinks that I can't seem to be putting down for the time being. 


No. 7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Rosy Ribbon (£9.95): A beautiful bright rose shade, it's fully opaque with one swipe and it's definitely the longest lipstick that I own while not being drying at all. I am able to wear this up to 8 hours complete with burger munching, a dangerous amount of coffee, and continuous snacking. I do tend to throw on a lip balm before application, but I do think it can go without. One of my favourite ways to wear this lipstick is to dab it on and then blend it in with my finger - this way it makes it more toned down than the photo above and results in that 'effortless glam' look that works insanely well with a t-shirt and jeans. 

Catrice Ultimate Colour Lipstick in 210 Pinkadilly Circus: First off, can we talk about how adorable the shade name is? For someone that is attracted to puns like ants to sugar, Catrice already won me over with the clever shade name. Pinkadilly Circus is a beautiful mid-toned pink that's just slightly brighter than Rosy Ribbon. The formula of these lipsticks are wonderfully creamy and opaque with one swipe. However, they are definitely not as long lasting as the other two featured in this selection - struggling to hold on through abundant cups of coffee, this lipstick does need to be reapplied around the 4 hour mark or so. On the flip side, it does mean that this is the most moisturising of the three.  

NARS Audacious Lipstick in Grace (£24): The NARS Audacious lipsticks are probably one of my all time favourite lipstick formulas. That said, I only actually own one shade from the range, but Grace has been my go to shade since getting it some months back. A bold warm, mid-toned pink leaning towards a coral-red; the impact of this shade is definitely not one for the faint-hearted. Insanely long lasting, even if leaving a faint mark on a pristine white coffee mug, I've worn this up to 8 hours without needing to top up. It fades evenly and leaves a slight stain behind. I would recommend throwing on a lip balm beforehand if you're planning on wearing this shade past the 6 hour mark. 



Blogging is a dangerous activity, especially if you're someone like me and does not take the most caution when moving around. I have lost count of the lipsticks I've accidentally smashed by knocking them off the table when setting them up to take blog photos. Hence the reason why Grace looks slightly disfigured. Also, ugh, angry red collarbone pimple much? 

I swear, the three shades are different...they're siblings, but definitely not triplets. The warm pinks have been my go to shade for spring and unless something drastic changes, I am sure that they will also be my summer go to as well. Have you tried any of these shades before? What has been your favourite colour family lately? Any tips on how to describe colours??? 
With Love, 
Daphne x



Previously on: Cocktail Reviews #1

28 comments