oh hey, rimmel.

11.2.15

I am a creature of habit - my muscle memory game is strong. Which also means that there are certain brands that I always gravitate towards on the money-breaking trips to the makeup aisles. Rimmel is definitely one of my go-tos and after going through a huge chunk of the stand, there are definitely a few stand out products. 


foundation
I'm a foundation snob. There, I've said it. I don't believe in drugstore foundations and a good base is something I'm willing to splurge on bases as I've had too many cases of spot-inducing drugstore foundations. That said, the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation (£6.99) has run me over like a bulldozer in a field. Definitely a medium-leaning-towards-full-coverage, this is great for the particularly dalmatian days, or a good go-to for the rare night outs. The formula is spot on, does not result in a rampage of breakouts, and the longevity is flawless. How convinced am I by this base? I'd definitely say it is one of my top fives. 


concealer
Concealer is something that I highly depend on but is a pain to find one that is worthy of its name. However, after going through two tubes of it, I'm planning on repurchasing the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (£5.49) again in the future. Definitely the rare ones that live up to the full coverage claim, this concealer brightens up that dreaded tell tale sign of exhaustion without creasing and not being a pain in the butt when it comes to blending. The only slight complaint I have about this is it isn't the longest wearing one - I can get about five hours of wear before the shadow starts creeping in. But that said, my under eye area is a huge black hole that will suck the life away from all concealers. 


blushes
I am  was an idiot and forgot to include my beloved Rimmel Santa Rose (£3.99) in the photo above. I knew something was missing... Anyway, this peachy-pink blush is a firm favourite of mine and has probably been mentioned on the blog the same amount of times I've cried over fictional relationships. One of the no-brainer blushes, this is one of those blushes you just need to add to your collection, even if you already own enough to supply a small army. 


eyes
It's no secret that the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal (£3.99) are probably my most-repurchased items. I don't think I could even try recalling how many times I've bought these little sticks of amazingness - I remember waiting a week to repurchase the Nude offering, never again, it was horrible. I'm not going to talk about them too much here, but if you're not yet convinced by how much amazingness £3.99 can buy, then you can check out the full review I did on these. 
As someone that will forget to wash her hands before swiping them on her jeans, I have too many early morning "GAH" screams that has probably put me off of potted cream eyeshadows for the next couple years. Then came along liquid shadows and it was a the best thing. Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Paint (£4.99) is the perfect solution to the pre-coffee eyeshadow solutions, paint, brush blend, and it looks like you've spent more effort on it then you actually did. Plus, I'm pretty sure I could win Oliver Queen in an archery competition before this eyeshadow budges. Side note: If you aren't watching Arrow, then what are you doing with your life????? Jokes. If you want to feel emotionally devastated over a fictional relationship, then come and join me on the Arrow boat. End side note. 


lips
I won't lie, I've only ever tried a handful of lip products from Rimmel. But I have to say, their Moisture Renew Lipsticks (£6.49) are one of the most comfortable to wear. Not the longest wearing and definitely not one that will hold up when you're itching to sink your teeth into that burger, I tend to opt for the nude shades (*cough* Notting Hill Nude *cough*) in this line. The Kate Matte Lipsticks (£5.49) are great as well as you don't tend to see many matte options that actually look good at this price point. However, while longer lasting than the Moisture Renew Line, these matte lipsticks don't have the staying power as the more expensive offerings. However, it's still a great option as long as you're not planning on feasting that day. 


nails
I'm pretty sure 60% of my nail polish collection is composed of the Rimmel Salon Pro (£3.49) and the Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish (£2.99). If I had to choose, I would prefer the former line better just because it doesn't dry out as quickly as the latter. But pressed for time, the 60 Seconds Nail Polish does live up to the claim. Plus, each of the colours I've tried from the wide range have brilliant formula and one coat is pretty much enough. Also, have I mentioned how dreamy the brush is? Nail perfection for less than the price of lunch - I really can't ask for more. 
All in all, Rimmel is one of my go to brands when it comes to makeup at an affordable price point. What are some of your favourites from the brand? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

12 comments