february favourites 2015.

28.2.15

I can't possibly be the only one that hesitates when spelling February, right? Anyway, February was a good month - stressful yes, but stress is just another day for me so I'm often more surprised when I have some kind of stress relief, no matter how small. This month, it was the imprompt weekend trip to Switzerland that kept me sane. Beauty-wise, things have been kept really simple but I've managed to gather together a few bits that have allowed me to look put together while I still have enough time to grab a coffee before class. 

It seems like my dark circles are in a competition with themselves to see how dark they can get before it drives me insane. I finally got around to regularly using the NARS Creamy Concealer (£22) last month and while I'm not sure if this is the best concealer I've ever used, this is definitely one that is long lasting and full coverage. Just what I need for the near 11 hour days I have in school. 

I've dug out an old friend to add some brightening factor into the lackluster days I've been having the past month. I've had the Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder (£40) for years - which explains the horrendous price tag I paid for a finishing powder. I wasn't so smart with my money when I first got into makeup and was still living at home, okay? While I would be hesitant to repurchase this when I eventually run out, I'm loving it while I still have it. The six different coloured powders are translucent upon application and help colour correct the many issues my skin has. Plus, it's just so pretty to look at. 

The Seventeen Trio In the Nude (£5.49) has been the only palette of choice this month as it's just so darn easy to use. Three shades, each really pigmented and stays in place when used over a primer, there's nothing more that I can ask for in the mornings when I can barely tell left from right.  

I've only had the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (£7.99) for a couple weeks, but it's quickly become my mascara of choice lately. I never got around with the hype around the other popular mascaras that I just started avoiding the brand when it came to lash products. However, this is a hype I can get on board with. It's just so perfect. Plus, the price tag is less horrendous than my beloved L'Oreal mascaras. 

Last thing, I thought I'd throw in a little life favourite. I've kept a journal for as long as I could remember, but it's not every day I sit down and write three pages long entries. So come in the One Line a Day - A Five Year Memory Book. I take a couple minutes each day before bed and condense the best bits of my day into a couple of sentences. I just started filling this out but I can't wait to see the changes over the years. Plus, my journals before would always be full of the emotionally tormenting moments, or the great epic days; it will be nice to have a diary filled with the little things. 
With Love, 
Daphne x

11 comments