january favourites 2015.

3.2.15

Yes, folks, we have made it through the first month of the this year. One of my greatest accomplishments of the month? It only took me two weeks of crossing out 2014 before I finally managed to wrangle myself into writing 2015 on the first try. A round of applause, please? 
As for the beauty front, things have been pretty simple, but there have been some standouts I'm going to showcase for the first favourite posts of the year. 

I've pretty much only been using the L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Tint (£9.99) for the past month and a half. A lightweight base that sits beautifully throughout the day, I'm going through this liquid to powder foundation quite fast. 

I finally sorted out my eyebrow game after neglecting them for, well, a period long enough to be criminally negligent in the beauty world. Now that my brows aren't resembling little fat caterpillars anymore (I kinda quite miss them though????), I've been going back to using the Anastasia Brow Wiz (£15.50) to fill in the gaps and create a tail. I'm quite smitten with the delicate results of this fine-nibbed pencil, something that I haven't been able to get to grips with when I was sporting brows that were as thick as my finger. 

With school back in full blast, the simple has been kept simple. After getting used to the weird sensation of a dull crayon scribbling all over my eyelid, the Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eye Shadow (£6.90) has been my staple for "I can totally lie to you and say that I've spent 15 minutes on this eyeshadow, and not 15 seconds" look. Totally legit, right? 

I fell in love with the Natural Collection Lash Length Mascara last year, and this year, I've started off with forming a relationship with the Natural Collection Lash Build Mascara (£1.99). The volumizing effect of this mascara is no joke. I might have accidentally got my mascara all over the place after blinking in shock at the effect the first time I used it. I am not joking when I say that this is probably one of my favourite volumizing mascaras, and it volumizes without looking grungy-clumpy. I mean, really? And for that price? It's definitely worth a shot, if you haven't tried it already. 

I have fallen into a blush brush pit and I was pretty much brush-depressed until I rediscovered my affair with the Ecotools Blush Brush (£7.99). This was one of my first brush purchases when I first got into the makeup game, but I had retired it last year when the handle seemed to be on its last legs. It's still a bit wobbly, but until I finally climb out of the pit, I'm quite smitten with this brush. It's ridiculously soft and the perfect shape and size for blush. 

How was your January - are you still struggling with writing the correct year on your paper? Tell me, what were some of your favourites from the past 31 days? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

22 comments