a little NARS haul

25.8.14

NARS has always been one of those brands that everyone loves while I was standing on my toes, trying to get a glimpse of what the fuss was about. Being on a makeup buying low for the quarter of the year, I never thought that I would actually break and go hit up a makeup counter any time soon. But what can I say, it was warranted by the situation. 

Let's back up a bit. Being the base-freak I am, I surprisingly only brought the Bourjois CC Cream back to Taiwan as well, it's the only one I have that's my summer shade. But after using it every day for a couple weeks, my skin was resembling the havock breakout I had last year - which I knew was down to the base product. Wanting a lighter base that wasn't the standard 'one shade alphabet cream' most Asian brands bring out on the high street, I decided to take a trip to the NARS counter and get myself matched up to the infamous NARS Tinted Moisturizer in Groenland (£29). In a nutshell, the hype is deserved. SPF, lightweight, not-too-shabby coverage, a glorious finish? It's all packed up in this expensive tube of perfection. I do have to powder, but it's something that I do out of habit once the temperatures pass the 25 degree mark anyway. 

I've been going through my concealer stash ever since starting Operation One In One Out. With my trusty Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer coming down to it's last scrapings, I decided to pick up the NARS Creamy Concealer in Vanilla (£22) as it's slightly cheaper here in Taiwan. I haven't actually given this a proper run yet as I'm still on the last of Rimmel, but from the initial test run, the coverage is intense while still looking natural. I'm using up all my self-restraint to not bust this out of the packaging until I'm sure Rimmel can properly rest in peace. Till then, I'm just going to keep stroking the beautiful packaging. 

NARS is a brand I don't want to fall in love with, but I think I'm already drowning. Oh NARS, what are you doing to me? It's a good thing that I'm 99% sure I'm allergic to their blushes, but let me know what your favourites from the brand is! 

With Love, 
Daphne x

21 comments