The One Wash Wonders

22.1.14

Today continues the eyeshadow week on the blog with the second installment (read the first part here). You know those days when you just can't be bothered to use half a palette to create a contoured, ombre, sophisticated, complete eye look but you still want something on the lids? Or the days when you wake up, cursing at the time but still wanting to do a quick eye look to pull yourself together? This is where the one-wash wonders come in. Using one shadow and one brush, it takes less than a minute to have a put together eyelook with these wonders.
[Maybelline Mono Eyeshadow Silken Taupe | MAC Satin Taupe | MAC Woodwinked | Benefit Gilt-y Pleasure]
Some people like to go for cream shadows and I can see why, a quick swipe of the finger and you don't even have to use a brush. But me? I still like my powders, paired with my MAC 217, I don't need to flail and wonder what I should do about the product left on my finger before wiping it down on my jeans...(not that I really do that????) It's pretty obvious from the photo above that I either go for my taupes or the golds when considering one-wash shadows. I'm still no closer to finding out if I look better with cool or warm toned shadows than I was 6 months ago, but cast that aside, the single wash I've been reaching for the most in the past months has definitely been MAC Satin Taupe. A cult-favorite, this single shadow is able to create drama and smokiness, or a natural shadow of definition depending on how heavy you apply the product. The newest of the bunch, Maybelline Mono Eyeshadow Silken Taupe has been compared to Burberry Pale Barley, and while I can't confirm that, I can tell you this is the daytime/younger sister version of my beloved Satin Taupe.
Moving onto the warm golds, these are colors that I tend to reach for more during t-shirt temperature. MAC Woodwinked was the first single-wash shadow I experimented and fell in love with. The rich golden-brown is glamorous enough for a night out when paired with a winged liner, but also simple and low-key enough for a quick stop to the shops. A more yellow-gold than Woodwinked's brown-gold, Benefit Gilt-y Pleasure is also the daytime version of the cult-loved shadow. I had forgotten about this shadow for months before going through my stash and remembering how much I loved this paired with brown eyeliner for a simple summer look several months back. Popped into my MAC 15-shadow palette, this shadow will be gracing my lids more in the near future. 
Now that we have the one-wash shadows sorted out, I know what I'll be reaching for when I wake up after a couple of snooze buttons...
What are your favorite one-wash shadows?

Follow on Bloglovin

17 comments