A Pair Made In Heaven

29.1.14

For the longest time, I'd sworn to have found the perfect foundation brush. Actually, three weeks ago, if you asked me if I'd trade in my Sigma F80 for any other brush, I probably would've looked at you like you sprouted three heads and turned a shade of neon green. No biggie. But even though I was more than content than the offering I had on hand, as soon as the handle started wobbling from over-abuse, the restless brush addict in me started searching high and low for something that could par with the slowly retiring Sigma F80. 
Refusing to cave and buy the RT Core Collection for the buffing brush alone, I tried different offerings from the brand and couldn't help but feel disappointment at the let down. Don't get me wrong, they weren't bad. I just didn't get the vibe from them, you know? It wasn't until I trekked my way to Paris and came across the Sephora Mineral Powder Brush did my hunt come to a temporary pause. Originally meant for mineral foundation, the Sephora offering is a lot less dense than the Real Technique Expert Face Brush or the Sigma F80. But that is exactly the reason it's the perfect other half for when it comes to thicker bases, like the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. Sometimes I find that the Sigma F80 has a tendency to drag my skin when trying to buff in the thicker consistency. It makes sense, but I never gave it much thought until I found this. But because the Sephora brush is less dense, it has a better ability to 'hover' over the skin, and really buff the foundation into the depth of the skin. I should let you in on the note that you'll get a sheerer coverage when using the Mineral Powder Brush compared, but no worries, it's so easy to build up the thin layers. 
I can't say that this brush has already knocked out my Sigma F80 as my favorite base brush, but it's definitely making the old pal sweat. 

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments