Here's to another 365 days!

1.1.14

No matter where you are in the world, I'm pretty sure that you're already celebrating the start of the new year. So happy new year everyone! I started taking my blog seriously back in late May, 2013 and thank you for sticking around and putting up with my rambling posts since then. No matter if you've been a long time follower or just hopped onto the train, I just want to let you know how grateful I am for each and every one of you. 
So um, allow me to be a little soppy here. This time last year, I was majorly unhappy and completely overstressed. To put things short, I was coming to the end of one stage in my life, and lost on what I should do next. People around me were constantly nagging and asking for updates when I didn't have any, and I'm the type of person that will be scared and lash out at people when they demand a blueprint where I don't have one. But almost as soon as I started this blog, things started to take a turn for the better. I got to revisit the place I grew up in, I landed an internship that was crazy demanding but more than satisfactory, and most importantly, I came to London. I'm not saying that this blog is my good luck charm, it might be. But more importantly, blogging has allowed me to see life in a more positive way. I was never an optimist, and I'd constantly have something to complain about. But after starting to blog about beautiful things, reading the optimistic view of life that other bloggers have, and engaging in relationships with people that are beautiful inside and out, I've started to change the way I see the world.
So fast forward to now, I'm happy. The change is not just in the surroundings, but also in myself. And I have everyone of you to thank for that. The past several months have been the best so far, and with the turn of the year, here's to another 365 amazing days! 
I'm not the one to make new year's resolutions as I always think they're just another excuse to feel miserable when they break. But I'm hoping for a change, so here are a few new goals that I want to achieve in the coming year:
-be happy and appreciate the small things in life (which means I'm going to try and participate in Project 365 where I try to take a photo everyday) 
- find something to be thankful about everyday
- eat healthy, maintain a good sleeping pattern, and stand up straight
- get a grip on the bank balance (aka cut down the impulse buys)
- most importantly, stop procrastinating everything
They're all quite generic, but it's a start right? And speaking of starts, a couple of announcements: 
- I finally hauled my butt onto instagram where I'll be uploading snips and bits of my life. This is also the platform for Project 365. If you'd like, you can find me under subgenreofadream.
-There is going to be a blog name change coming soon. Probably mid-to-late January, so keep an eye out for that! 
With that note, I'll stop my rambling and leave you to the celebrations or if you want to prep yourself for the emotion-strangling Sherlock season 3 premiere tonight. Seeing that it's written in huge letters on my January agenda, I've clearly going to need The Empty Hearse to carry out my emotions....

Oh right, just before I sign out. There might be a lack of updates in the next couple days as I'll be going on a five day trip to Paris and I forgot to queue posts for the time being. Oops! 

Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments