june favourites 2017.

1.7.17

Did I just go and do that thing where I disappear for a couple of months without warning? Rhetoric question, you don't have to answer that. But apologies - honestly, I don't know where the past two months went? I have a couple of projects in the making, and hopefully, I'll be able to share them with you guys soon. But in the meantime, let's put that all behind us and focus on what we're going to talk about today - the makeup favourites for June 2017. 

Between the 30C summer days and constantly bending over my iPad/sketchbook, I've been opting for the 'bare face, top knot and glasses' look for the majority of the month. But when I do decide to pull myself together and wear some makeup, the innisfree Water Glow Cushion Foundation is always my base choice. Not only is it extremely lightweight, comfortable to wear (aka - I won't want to claw my face off after 5 minutes outside), and has pretty good coverage, this is the only base that will allow me to forego powder in the summer. It's glowy, it's easy to use, and the dozen of cases you can choose from are flippin' adorable. The only gripe I have with it is the shades tend to run on the lighter side. That said, I do think that they're expanding their shade range, slowly, but it's happening. 

I'm one of those people that will opt for a full eye look whenever I put on foundation, meaning eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. But it doesn't mean that it has to be complicated - I've been reaching for the Sephora Crayon Jumbo Liner in Taupe every time. It's literally one of those 'scrawl and finger blend' eyeshadows - no one will know the look only took you 3 seconds. Plus, they are not kidding when they say it has a 12-hour wear time and is waterproof - this eyeshadow stick has never failed me - rain or shine. 

I've been ditching the bold and matte lipsticks the past month and have been opting for the lowkey bright and creamy lip colours. The IOPE lipstick in #46 is a beautiful red-toned coral shade that is so so moisturising. It's light and easy to wear but packs a punch of colour without being obnoxiously loud. The second one - I never thought I'd own a Tom Ford lipstick as well, it's ridiculously expensive. Especially considering that I have near 100 lipsticks. But then one of my best friends surprised me with Twist of Fate as a late birthday present and well...let's just say I've been pleasantly figuring out how to use this lipstick without smudging away the TF engraving. I'm also trying to convince myself that it's just an engraving but at the same time, it's not? Who said beauty bloggers ever made sense. 

Last but not least, I'm throwing in a skincare product to mix things up a bit. My pores have been clogging like it's their new hobby - I blame it on the humidity, pollution, temperature, sweat, oil, and bad sleeping habits. I've dug out the Aesop Parsley Seed Clay Masque again after months of abandonment. I've been more of a sheet mask kinda girl in the past year or so - but you can't beat a good ol' clay mask when it comes to cleaning those pesky pores. This clay mask was the golden kid once, but I feel like barely anyone talks about it these days? Or maybe I've been away from the beauty blogging game too long. But you really can't beat this clay mask when it comes to deep cleansing. Although, full disclosure, I've been wanting to try the innisfree volcanic clay mask for a while now. 

Overall, June has been quite the month - what have you been loving in the past month? 

With Love, 
Daphne x

0 comments