favourite concealers.

13.5.17

As someone who first had horrible acne and then started wearing evidence of sleepless nights under their eyes, concealer is an essential part of my makeup collection. I've lost count of the concealers I've tried over the years and I don't think I've gotten around to finding my perfect concealer. But I've stuck to these concealers for a while now and I'm able to say that I'm willing to repurchase all of these again. 


For the coverup of desert-like evidence of netflix marathons
The 3CE Waterful Concealer has been my favourite concealer for the dehydrated undereye area. The watery texture almost hydrates the undereye area, perfect for the days when I've skimped on applying eye cream (which, if we're honest, is most days). This thin concealer packs more coverage than I thought it would. I use my fingers to pat and blend this concealer, resulting in medium coverage. It's easy to layer and build up coverage, but I usually leave it as it is. It's not a concealer for the days when my undereye area is threatening to embody the black hole, but it's my go-to concealer on a daily basis. 

For the black hole kinda days
Aka the days when my dark circles are threatening to look bleaker than my bank account. I always bust out the Bobbi Brown Corrector no matter the day of the week, but we're strictly talking about concealers now so I'm going to pipe it on my favourite and most essential makeup product. Anywho, the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Concealer is my go to concealer for my undereye area when I've stayed up way too late for way too many days. It's slightly thicker in texture, but easily bendable. It wears beautifully for the whole day and will have your back even when sleep doesn't. 

For the quick and easy 2-in-1 highlight-concealer
The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer has been my favourite concealer which doubles as a highlight. It's medium coverage means that it's not the most desirable concealer for the days when the shadows under the eyes are eerily dark, but it's hydrating AND wears beautifully as a highlighter. I suppose this is partially because the shade is so light. That said, another reason I love this concealer is because of the applicator - there's something therapeutic about this sponge applicator, and no, I haven't completely lost it. Yet. 

The do-it-all
The Urban Decay Naked Concealer is my do it all concealer. I have this in two shades - both can be used as an undereye concealer and an all over concealer, depending on if I've gotten any sun or not. It's a medium coverage concealer that's slightly leaning on the fuller side of the spectrum,  This concealer is also particularly great on the days when I've skimped on skincare and my skin is acting up being dry and all - how dramatic. 

The do-it-all 2.0
For the days when I've mistreated my skin and it decided to throw a fit of acne and dark circles resembling the dark pits of hell. The Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer is the Supergirl to tackling these pests. The slightest amount is needed to cover up all acne/redness/dark circles. It's slightly drying compared to the rest of the listed concealers, but nothing that cannot be treated without some moisturiser/eye cream beforehand.


I look forward to the day that concealers won't be an essential part of my makeup collection and routine. But until then, I still love buying and trying out new concealers - so let me know if you've tried any of these concealers before or what are your favourite concealers? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

0 comments