March Favourites 2015.

31.3.15

I feel like I open every monthly favourites post with a recap of what happened. I'm not very creative when it comes to first sentences. In fact, I always agonize over the first sentence of every essay for hours. But yeah, March officially marked the end of the teaching hours that I have for my masters programme and it's flippin' scary. We only have a couple of revision seminars next term before exams hit. Yikes! Enough about the future anxiety-inducing events, let's focus on the beauty bits and bobs I've been loving the past 31 days.

I've officially retired from the heavier coverage foundations that equipped my arsenal a couple years back, and have moved onto lighter bases. After my skin throwing a hissy fit and refusing to cooperate with the bases that I had, I purchased the DiorSkin Nude BB Cream (£30  - £27 with the link) and boy oh boy, it is a goodie. The coverage reminds me of the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint, and slightly better than the NARS Tinted Moisturizer. And like the two beloved bases, it feels amazing on the skin and wears really well throughout the day. Even when I'm already getting a bit shiny for my liking, it still doesn't break down. This one is quickly making its way to the top of my all time favourite bases list. 

I've pretty much given on the longevity department in drugstore concealers, not to mention the full coverage claims that are so often disappointing that I'm pleasantly surprised when something is more than medium coverage. However, the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer (£4.49) not only lasts incredibly well throughout the day, it's also on the medium, closer to full coverage side of things. Like, woah, this is too much for me to handle from a concealer that isn't even £5. That said, the only shame is the shade range is atrocious. Like, really, 3 shades? 

I don't think I've ever fallen out of love with the Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Colour in Rosy (£19.50). But I've definitely been reaching for it more the past month as I've been keeping the makeup quite simple most days and this is toned down enough to wear to school. The warm toned pinky coral is the welcome I need to embrace spring while I still enjoy wearing all my scarves before it gets too warm. Plus, I always get compliments when wearing this lip colour, just sayin'. 

Last but not least, the Réserve Naturelle Eyeshadow in 38. I'm pretty sure they don't have this brand in London, but if you're ever in Belgium, then remember to check out this line. The quality of these are incredible: think Urban Decay but better. I remember being shocked at how these were less than €5. The pigmentation is insane, it's soft and buttery, doesn't have any fall out and wears really well throughout the day even sans primer. Bargain much? Plus, they smell like chocolate. I don't say this lightly as I pretty much hate all the products that claim to smell like chocolate, most of the time, they're just headache-inducing. But this, it smells like I could make hot chocolate out of it. Réserve Naturelle is definitely a brand to keep on your radar if you ever find yourself in one of my favourite countries. 

Throwing in a little lifestyle favourites, because why not. Some of the songs I've been playing on repeat the last month: Panic Cord, Please Don't Say You Love Me (Gabrielle Aplin), Going Out Like That (Reba McEntire), Window Pain (Xenia), and Atemlous durch die Nacht (Helena Fischer). No, I don't understand German, but it doesn't stop me from appreciating it.    

What have you been loving the past month? What are some of your favourite songs? I'm trying to expand my music bank, so all recommendations would be much appreciated. Extra brownie points if they're not in English. 
With Love, 
Daphne x

13 comments