i *totally* needed them.

29.3.15

I've been pretty good at controlling my emotional shopping the past couple months, writing down every bit of money spent really kicks you awake at realizing how often reckless spending happens. But after having a huge makeup clear out, I might have taken out a yellow legal pad and wrote down the pros and cons of purchasing these two items and sitting on it for a couple weeks before finally biting the bullet. *side note* Does anyone know the origins of this saying? Like was there a circus act that inspired people using "bite the bullet" to mean take the plunge? *end side note* 
I was in one of those ruts where I wasn't getting along with any of my bases. I wasn't shade matched to the ones that were hydrating enough and the winter foundations I had kept clinging to the dry patches that were scattered around the icky end-of-term-stress spots. I was struggling for several weeks, trying to ride through the rut. But a girl can only get through so many mornings of struggling with trying to make her foundation look half decent when already dangerously running late - and all this happening before the first cup of coffee. 

I did my research and finally decided to purchase the DiorSkin Nude BB Cream (£30). To be fair, I had a £30 gift card burning a hole in my wallet from September, waiting to be traded in for something worthy. I've been using it religiously for several weeks now and I think this might be the last leg in my holy trio base products (if you're not sure what the other two are - Jouer Matte Moisture Tint and NARS Tinted Moisturizer).

The second was a bit of an impulse purchase, but still, not without careful consideration. I've wanted a Guerlain Rouge G Lipstick (£31.50) for long months now but that price tag is too staggering for me to even try and justify. That said, when I came across Geneva on sale for just a little over £24, I know the moment had come. Plus, there were only three left in stock. It was a sign. A gorgeous coral colour that I just know I'm going to get a lot of use out of, this lipstick really does live up to all the claims of being a gorgeous formula. I cannot be tempted by the other shades in the line. 

Are you handling your money smartly but still letting yourself indulge every now and then? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

24 comments