[the face] going red

16.7.14

Never in a million years would I think I'd go near a red lip. Heck, I even said that back in March. But well, what can I say, I'm not the person I was those months ago.

With summer in its high and I'm still tanned from my vacation to a point (which is a rare case), I have no idea how to switch up my makeup, I've been going simple on everything else but the lips. Having a best friend that rocks nothing but a red lip, I've always wanted to try the bold classic myself but never knew how to tap into the trend. 

I kept the rest of the face to a minimum, with glowy skin, a healthy flush and defined eyes so I can keep the focus of the look to the lips. Also because I'm too lazy to actually deal with four billion eyeshadows. 

I've swatched Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Fire and Ice (£7.49) far too many times before finally caving and buying this little wonder of a lipstick. Mentioned in my summer lips post, this has been my secret weapon of choice as it's one of those 'not quite red' reds. It does take a fair amount of time for me to make sure that the lipstick is on right and won't travel halfway across my face because I forgot to remove the excess. 

Another red that I'm gravitating towards is the NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl. You can see me wearing it here. In pencil form, it's a lot easier to get a more precise shape and easier to just chuck into the bag when it comes to travelling. Also as the formula is dryer and sets to a satin finish, it's less likely to travel to the edges of your jaw, compared to the Revlon offering. 

I never thought I'd set foot into this classic, but now that I have, I don't think I'm going away any time soon. What's your favourite product to go for when wanting to rock this fierce look? 
post signature

15 comments