favourite Korean makeup + skincare products

25.3.18

Korean beauty skincare illustration, Banila Co Clean It Zero, Power 10 Formula, Innisfree Creamy Tint Lip Mousse, Cosrx AHA/BHA toner, 3CE Waterful Concealer, Innisfree Cushion Foundation
I've been trying out a lot more Korean makeup and skincare the past two years. Mostly because it's easier for me to get and secondly, Korean makeup and skincare (or, to shorten it, K-beauty) is flippin amazing. Sure, there have been some flops, but most products I've tried have earned a seat in my streamlined makeup and skincare collection. 

Today, I'm going to share some of my favourite K-beauty products that are my current loves.


Favourite Korean Skincare

I did not like the Banila Co Clean It Zero ($14.80) when I first used it - it was a weird balm to oil product and would get into my eyes. But boy am I glad I gave it a second shot. This is the only makeup remover I've used in the past year and a half or so and for good reason. It will remove everything in a jiffy. Waterproof mascara, long-lasting matte liquid lipsticks, waterproof liquid liner? The Banila Co Clean It Zero will break down everything in seconds and still leave your skin feeling ridiculously smooth. 

I'm a toner skeptic. I don't think it does much and I'm not picky about which one I use. So I wasn't expecting much when I picked up the much hyped about Cosrx AhA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner ($16). Turns out, I was wrong. I've noticed less blocked pores and whiteheads on the days I use this toner compared to my lazy days. It's also gentle enough for daily use.

I have a lot of old scarring but the It's Skin Power 10 Formula Vc Effector Sebum Care ($10.75) has been working wonders, especially if you consider the price. It also leaves my skin feeling plump, hydrated, and glowy afterwards. It's worth noting that It's Skin is developed in collaboration with dermatologists, so it's safe to say they know what they're doing. 


Favourite Korean Makeup

Lightweight, good coverage, easy to use, long-lasting, and hydrating - I found all those qualities in the 3CE Waterful Concealer ($18.93). I know, I'm shocked as well. But this squeezy tube concealer quickly became my most reached for concealer, even favoured over the Urban Decay Naked Concealer. Paired with the Bobbi Brown Corrector, it's my secret weapon to looking "not dead and even vaguely alive", aka the look I aim for most days.

If I want to take that look to the next level, I reach for the Innisfree Cushion Foundation ($12 for refill, $10 for compact case). I'm pretty sure the makeup world is pretty familiar with cushion-based makeup now, and if not, then you're missing out. It's hydrating, long-lasting, good coverage, smooth and even finish, and more importantly, it's flippin' convenient. Everything you need to apply your makeup base is in a slim, no-fuss compact. I've gone through three refills, taken this foundation on multiple trips, and my love for it still grows strong.

Last but not least, I haven't dived as deep into Korean lip products as I have with, say, MAC lipsticks, but even in my mahoosive lip product collection, the Innisfree Creamy Tint Lip Mousse still stands out for how great it is. It's a light-weight liquid lip colour that dries a satin-finish and is bold and opaque with one layer. I think they've replaced these with the Innisfree Cotton Vivid Ink as the formula is quite similar.


Have you tried any of these products before? What are some of your favourite Korean makeup or skincare products? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

Follow me on Instagram to see more illustrations! 

0 comments